I will not convey words in words accurately and clearly convey such an interested infograph. So this time we will show you how to make that infographic.
Just to be sure …
What is Infographic?
Among the means for conveying guidance, explanation and information in the figure instead of letters and sentences, those specialized in information transmission
Think of it as a plus design for charting letters in tables and graphs.
Eight subjects suitable for infographic
Since it can not be anything to become an infographic graph, let’s first consider whether the material you want to convey is suitable for infographic graphics.
- Seasonal topic … subject of limited time such as Olympics and World Cup
- How-to … Subjects for How and What such as instruction manual
- Result Report … Subjects such as the actual situation of utilization of products and services and survey results
- Comparison verification … Comparison of fee services etc. Thoroughly compare topics to more than two things
- Time passage … subjects to explain along the timeline, such as the history of the Internet
- Specialized comment … subject specialized in specialized skills such as marketing and classification chart
- Quick table … Subjects that can be checked immediately as a list of service lists and calorie tables
- Conclusion list … As with the quick table, topics that summarize the top 10 etc. as a list
Procedure for making infographic
Well, the following is the procedure for creating specific infographics.
- Collect information
- Analyze and organize
- To decide a section
- Pictogram formation · Illustrate
- Add visual representation
Let’s explain each process concretely.
1. Collect information
I will go on almost simultaneously with 1 to 3, but decide the theme and decide what to make an infographic for what.
The point at this time is “to understand the flow and story as a whole”, so it is important to first gather firm information and check the flow of the whole.
When making it as practice, there are a lot of information, and it is recommended that things that are seriesized. For example,
- Analysis of series of media such as Dorakue series
- Analysis of brands such as Starbucks and coffee
- Analysis of area such as train · station name · route map
Let’s collect information with your favorite themes such as.
2. Analyze and organize
Based on the information gathered, we will organize which part of the information will be made into an infograph. I will decide which part to close up with conscious of “throwing away” and “clearing up”.
If there is numerical data, use Excel etc. to sort and summarize data and analyze.
3. Decide the section
When information gets clear to a certain extent, I will examine how to show it. Assume some patterns and let’s examine the way of communicating to the opponent most.
4. Pictogram formation · Illustrate
From here on, it will be an item of expression, let’s summarize the pictogram and the illustration so that the explanation can be represented by the figure as much as possible.
How the pictogram works
Pictograms convey information as a substitute for words. It is used to omit space and time to explain with words such as toilet guidance display and highway signboard.
Since the pictogram is composed of simple parts, it can be made by oneself, but since unique things are also distributed as free material, I will introduce it.
Types of illustrations
Illustration is a prototype of so-called infographic. Types of diagrams are tables, diagrams, graphs, and are often used for presentations. We will make infographics by combining pictograms and illustrations.
5. Add a visual representation
Let’s add a visual expression to combine the items in 4 and make it look more fun. I will direct the view of the world to the theme. Let’s make rough sketch with paper and a pencil, using graphic software, rather than suddenly creating with a personal computer etc.